I thought this was a fun idea for a blog hop! Priscilla at Blissful wife created a Myspace throwback survey for us all to fill out to get to know one another and each others’ blogs a little better. click the image below if you want to read more about it or create your own post to join in on the fun!
What is your Name? – Paula
What is the Name of your blog? - Beauty through imperfection
What is your blog’s web address?- Www.beautythroughimperfection.com
1. What state do you currently reside? - Texas
2. What color is your natural hair? - Dark brown
3. How tall are you? – 5’7″ ish (I’m not sure exactly)
4. What is your favorite food? - chicken fajitas or anything garlic-y
5. What color shirt are you wearing right now? – mustard yellow
6. What are three cosmetic items that you wear every single day? - none!
7. What is your denomination? - Baptist
8. Describe your testimony? - hmmm it’s a little long for a survey. Start here if you want to read a bit about my past…
9. How did you meet your husband? - We met at church when we were both 18. We got married 35 days later :)
10. What is your favorite beverage? - milk
12. Have you ever experienced an earthquake? - No
13. What is your favorite TV show? The biggest Loser (it always makes me cry, but in a good way) other favs are Chuck, 24, Lost and Psych
14. What was the last movie you saw? - the Hobbit
15. Who is your favorite Bible character? – I really don’t know…
16. What color are your eyes? - they change. So anything from gray/green/hazel/brown/gold flaked…
17. Are you a working mother, stay at home wife, or stay at home mom? - Stay at home wife & mama!
18. Do you homeschool? My kids are too young for school right now, but we are not planning on homeschooling them. I was homeschooled, but I don’t think it was the right choice for me as a child, I feel like I would have thrived around other kids, and I think my son has the same personality type that would do much better in a public/private school setting.
19. Did/do you attend University? If so, where. - Nope, I got married when I was 18 :)
20. If you could change one thing in your life what would it be? - I wish that we would have gotten to have a wedding. It was the BEST decision for us to get married the way we did, but I do miss the whole wedding experience ;)
22. What is your absolute favorite color? Hard question!!! I love certain shades of yellow. and turquoise!
23. Think about something from the ocean and write it down: (yes, random…I know) - I really don’t understand what this question is asking. But it reminds me of our first vacation to the beach with our son and everything I learned on that trip, so I will share that post :)
24. Where is your favorite place to dine out? Itallianos (they have incredible garlic knots!)
25. Did you attend church camp? Once, when I was 13. Life changing!!!
26. Name a blog friend who’s name starts with the same letter as your name: Priscilla! :)
27. Do you have a Facebook Account for your blog? Yes! come find me here
28. Do you have a Twitter Account for your blog? yep! here
29. Name someone you miss right now: My best friend (she lives way too far away from me!)
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? - Riding bikes with my best friend and his aunt/uncle
31. Name one thing you can cook better than your husband’s mother: - nothing comes to mind. my MIL is awesome at everything :P
32. Would you consider yourself stubborn? - when I need to be
33. Do you feel like you are a good writer? - awkward question. but yes, decent. I have a lot of room for improvement though!
34. Do you pin? If so, list your Pinterest screen name. find me on pinterest here
35. How many hours do you spend on Pinterest per day? - it varies
36. Do you use WordPress, Blogger, Drupal, or Typepad? (or another?) - wordpress
37. Where do you stand on wearing socks with sandals? - absolutely not. never. ever.
38. Did you design your own blog, or hire a graphic designer? Hired a designer (merry christmas to me!)
39. What is your favorite widget/gadget? I really like the archive/categories drop down menus
40. If you had to choose only one, would you have a clean bathroom or a clean kitchen? clean kitchen. I absolutely hate cleaning it so I’d much rather go clean the bathroom than have to do the kitchen.
41. Where did you honeymoon? Corpus Christie, Tx
42. Did you elope? - yes :)
43. Do you have a favorite sports team? - not really a sports fan but I cheer for the Texas Aggies when they are on
44. What is your favorite praise & worship song? In Christ alone
45. Were you raised in church? yes
46. When did you start blogging? when I was 15. Started blogging more seriously 2 years ago
48. Have you ever lived in another country? - Yes! I lived in the Philippines on and off from the time I was 16 until I was 19
49. Have you done missions? If so, where & when. - yes, see above ;) also took a couple trips to Mexico when I was a young teen, and went to Romania for a week when I was 15.
50. What version of the Bible do you prefer? ESV
51. What’s the story behind your blog name? - I am actually going to be sharing this in a blogpost coming soon! but in short, it’s all about seeing the Beauty of God’s grace through our own imperfections and learning to find joy in that!
52. Describe the ultimate hands down best date on a $20 budget. - Dinner and a long walk on a warm night
53. Will you tell one blogger about this survey? If so, then who? - I will share about it on my FB page
54. What is your favorite scripture? - Mark 9:24 and Psalm 30 (read the psalm and what it means to me here)