The holidays are just around the corner, my family is already getting excited! Everyone is planning out their wish lists and we’re also getting menus ready for family get togethers!
Today, I wanted to offer you a simple but flavorful recipe for the holidays. We especially love that this recipe for cheesy bacon cassarole uses minimal dishes and won’t even take up a spot on your stove top.
What you’ll need:
- 2 packets of Idaho Spuds roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound of bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
There are five downright delicious flavors of Idaho Spuds, but we chose the roasted garlic flavor!
This was a simple recipe to pull together and everyone in the family loved it.
First, you’ll prepare the mashed potatoes according to the package directions. This step is as simple s pouring boiling water into a glass bowl and adding the Idaho Spuds to it. Mix with a fork.
Then, add the parmesan cheese and sour cream to the potatoes and mix.
When the cheese and sour cream are well blended, fold in the bacon pieces, chopped green onions and half of the cheese.
Pour the potatoes into a 9×9 inch baking pan. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
Plate and enjoy!
We love how quick and easy this recipe is, and it’s simple to add to the holiday menu, since it doesn’t take much time in the oven and no time at all on the stove!
Also… enter the Home for the holidays contest on the Idaho Spuds site! You could win a luxury family vacation to Shore Lodge on beautiful Payette Lake in McCall, Idaho! There’s also coupon codes you can grab, so everybody wins in a way.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Not Always the Happy Mom - March 24, 2017
- James Corden + Beauty and the Beast Cast performing in the crosswalk - March 22, 2017
- My session at IZEAFest - March 21, 2017
- The magic of closet toys (aka how to get a toddler to play quietly for 30+ minutes a day) - March 21, 2017
- I told my kids about the refugee crisis today - March 17, 2017