I live in Texas, and I guess you could say there is a LOT of state pride here. By a lot, I mean that, I’ve lived in or visited more than half of the states in the USA and I’ve never found one that came close the amount of state pride Texas has. Being a Texan myself, I jumped at the chance to work with Lone Star Eggs to bring you this yummy recipe. It’s a family favorite in our house and I end up cooking it, at minimum, once a month.
What you’ll need for the upside down pasta bake:
- 3 Lonestar Eggs (you can get them at WalMart)
- 8 oz spagetti noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1/4 onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp dried garlic pieces
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I used the mexican flavor kind)
- 2 Tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 and cooking the noodles according to package directions.
While the noodles are cooking, in a large skillet brown the meat and onions, draining the excess fat. When the sausage is fully cooked add the can of tomatoes (don’t drain) to the mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
While that simmers mix the eggs, half of the parmesan cheese, butter, parsley and garlic together. When the noodles are done, drain them and toss them with the egg/butter mixture.
As the simmering sausage/tomatoes ends add the mozzarella cheese and the other half of the parmesan cheese to it and stir.
Put the noodles in the bottom of a 10×10 baking pan and pour the sausage mixture over it. Bake for 30 minutes then remove and let sit for 5 before slicing and serving.
There will be a free standing insert that will be available October 18th. It will be in all the newspapers in the Dallas/Ft Worth, Houston and San Antonio areas. And it will be $0.75 off a carton of Lone Star Eggs!
Have you ever tried Lon Star Eggs? Grab them at WalMart and try this recipe tonight! Also, check out the Lone Star Eggs Facebook page, they are always sharing the BEST recipes and the brand is giving away a year’s supply of eggs in addition to selection 52 other winners that will receive 1 dozen free eggs.
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Not Always the Happy Mom - March 24, 2017
- James Corden + Beauty and the Beast Cast performing in the crosswalk - March 22, 2017
- My session at IZEAFest - March 21, 2017
- The magic of closet toys (aka how to get a toddler to play quietly for 30+ minutes a day) - March 21, 2017
- I told my kids about the refugee crisis today - March 17, 2017