We love making keepsake ornaments with the kids during the holiday season. A couple years ago we made these adorable handprint Christmas ornaments with my kids and some of their cousins. It’s so neat having the representations of their little hands on my tree each year, especially as they get older!
This post has affiliate links
I’m participating in the 12 days of Christmas of Christmas blog hop being hosted by Traci and Co! When you’re done reading this post, hop on over to see the rest of the fun Christmas crafts and enter an awesome giveaway!
To make these keepsake ornaments you’ll need:
- Christmas scrapbook paper (multiple patterns)
- Red twine or string
- Laminate paper (You can use these to laminate the handprints without having a special machine)
- Red glitter gel pen
- Hole puncher
To start out, trace each child’s hand on the white side of the scrapbook paper with a pencil.
Use the gel pen to write their name and Christmas 2016.
You can get multiple handprints on one paper or do each child’s hand with a different Christmas-y pattern!
Laminate the handprints before you cut them out fully so that the laminate and the paper can be cut together.
Follow the instructions on the laminate paper to protect the handprints. Cut them out, leaving a little bit of room around the edges.
Punch a hole in each handprint and run some of your twine through it, tying a knot at the end to make a cute ornament hanger.
If your child is too small to do a handprint, you can also do a baby’s footprint in the same way!
If you have time, make several so you can give them as grandparent gift ideas for Christmas this year!
With all of the different scrapbook paper options you can customize each handprint to the decorative preferences of each grandparent!
Do you have a favorite holiday keepsake craft idea? Share it with us in the comments!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Age appropriate books to talk to your children about consent, abuse and empowerment - October 17, 2017
- Candy Corn Jello Shots - October 17, 2017
- After you say “me too” - October 16, 2017
- How to create more whitespace in your life - October 16, 2017
- Teaching consent doesn’t start in highschool it starts in preschool - October 15, 2017