Does any one else feel like they could use more chocolate in their life? Only every one, right? These chocolatey crispy rice bars are basically amazing. Fun Valentine’s day treat for the kiddos to bring to school, or you can keep them all home with you and save them for while the kids are gone. I won’t judge.
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and stir in the chocolate spread. Mix until both are melted and well combined.
2. Add marshmallows and continue stirring until they have melted completely.
3. Once the marshmallows are fully melted, pour the butter/chocolate/marshmallow mixture over the cereal and mix together.4. Finally, add the chocolate chips and stir them in.
5. Pour the mixture into a foil-lined 8″ x 11″ or 9″ x 13″ pan and spread evenly using a spatula or the back of a spoon.
6. Finish them off by melting 1/2 cup of red candy melts and drizzle across the top.
7. Set the treats aside or chill until they set and cut into squares.
Do you have a favorite dessert or Valentine’s day treat? If these aren’t what you are looking for try our strawberry cake cookies!
Or check out this strawberry shortcake pie.