I LOVE getting new books for my kids at Christmastime. We only get them out once a year, and it makes them extra special in December, when we pull them all out for the kids to enjoy for a month. I know a lot of people wrap up 25 Christmas books and allow the kids to open a new one every night until Christmas! We don’t do this tradition, but I think it’s a fun one!
Disclosure: This post contains paid links.
There are so many different ways to have fun with your Christmas books! I’m sharing a few favorites today, in case you are stumped trying to decide which new ones to buy this year, or trying to find 25 for the book-a-day tradition.
1. Tiny Baby Jesus – This is a beautiful book! It has gorgeous photos, and a great message. The book is a poem that alternates between photos of baby Jesus, and his later life. I love the way it points to why Jesus came.
2. The Christmas Story – We LOVE little golden books, so of course, a Christmas book from Little Golden, is always a great choice.
3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas – Sure, it’s a popular movie, but let’s not forget that it was a children’s book first! Dr. Seuss is a huge favorite around here, and we’re planning to buy the Grinch book this Christmas as well!
4. Frosty the Snowman – Another winner from little golden books! Fun pictures, and of course, a classic story!
5. Thomas’ Night Before Christmas – Sure to be a favorite for all train/Thomas fans!!!
6. Cinderella’s Fairy Merry Christmas – I always loved Cinderella as a kiddo, so this one looked too fun to pass up!
7. Clifford’s Christmas – Such a sweet story from every one’s favorite big red dog!
8. The Night Before Christmas – It may not be Thomas-style but it’s still a classic!
9. Dora’s Christmas Carol – Sweet little Dora and Boots get together for this super-fun Christmas adventure!
10. The Polar Express – Another beloved Christmas classic! This book has such beautiful illustrations, and is, of course a great story!
11. Bear Stays Up For Christmas – I only recently found this book, and I thought it was adorable! A sweet story about a bear who always hibernates through Christmas, and his little friends who are determined to keep him awake for it this year!
12. The Littlest Christmas Elf – This is another adorable little golden book. This one tells the story of a tiny Christmas elf who is finally old enough to help make toys for Christmas!!!
13. The Legend of the Candy Cane – My son got this one for Christmas last year, and it’s definitely one of our favorites! It is a sweet story, and I love that it shares a the Christmas story through candy!!!
14. The Legend of the Christmas Stocking – Beautiful book, with a great lesson in generosity for the kiddos (and adults)!
15. The Sweet Smell of Christmas – This adorable little board book is scented. Sharing different smells that represent Christmas. Super fun for smaller children!
16. The Littlest Elf – Another cute story about a tiny elf! This book even comes with stickers!
17. The Biggest Snowman Ever – More winter themed, than christmas, but still a fun book!
18. Rudolf – We can’t forget everyone’s favorite reindeer!
19. Corduroy’s Christmas Surprise – It doesn’t get much more adorable than Corduroy! Especially at Christmastime!!!
20. Poky Little Puppy’s First Christmas – We’ve loved all the poky little puppy books, so I was so excited when I saw there is a Christmas story too!
21. The Joy of Giving – Bearenstain Bears books were always among my favorites as a child. This book teaches generosity, which is always something good to focus on this time of year when kids can tend to get a little too gift-obsessed.
22. A Christmas Tree for Ruby – Although I am always wondering where Max and Ruby’s parents are… I still love the series!
23. Merry Christmas Amelia Bedelia – This is one Amelia book that I have yet to read, but I bet it’s hilarious!
24. The Christmas ABC – I just love the vintage-looking little golden books. How beautiful is this???
25. Mater Saves Christmas – I haven’t read this one, but I had to throw it in there for my son’s best friend, who loves Mater. Looks like a fun one!
What is your favorite Christmas book for kids? Are you thinking about buying some new ones this year?
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Best board games for 6 year olds - December 13, 2017
- How to get more likes on Facebook by inviting new followers to like your page - December 12, 2017
- How to find your best nine on Instagram - December 11, 2017
- Get your home ready for winter with seasonal decor! - December 11, 2017
- Holiday Rolo Pretzel Bark - December 8, 2017