Hello, my name is Keri, from Living In This Season. I am so excited to be over here sharing today- even more excited that I will get to do this on a monthly basis!
Creating variety with our play is always important at our house. Here are 5 activities with bugs that we enjoy doing:
(1) Bug Hunt- We have been loving this super simple activity. Beforehand, I write down names of bugs to create a graph. The boys head outside, paper and pen in hand, ready to hunt. When they find a bug, they put a tally mark in the correct section. At the end, we count how many of each bug they found.
(2) Frozen Bugs- Freezing some plastic bugs in a container and letting them help the bugs get out is always a fun activity.
(3) Alphabet Bug Spray- I love hands on activities for learning letters, so when I saw this at Toddler Approved, I knew we had to try it out!
(4) Move Like a Bug- For when I am trying to feed my littlest, and need an activity to occupy the two older boys, this is perfect! I will call out different bugs, and the boys then move like that bug. Really it just results in a lot of running, crawling, wiggling around. But it is a great way to occupy them during this challenging time of the day and get out some of the wiggles!
(5) Create a Bug- All you need is an empty egg carton to begin creating. The options are endless- caterpillars, lady bugs, spiders, or even a bug they make up. You can paint these ahead of time or have them paint/color them. Then use pipe cleaners and googly eyes to add some fun to them.
What is your favorite bug-related activity? Have you ever tried one of these?