If you are a blogger OR you’re thinking of becoming one, I wanted to share with you about a conference that I loved last year! IZEAFest was definitely a highlight of 2015 for me, and it’s coming back in February of 2017.
I’ve been to a lot of blogging conferences through the years. I enjoy each of them for different reasons, but IZEAFest is one I plan to go to every single year.
This conference is unique for a lot of reasons…
1. It’s not just bloggers – There are influencers of all sorts at IZEAFest, so you’re exposed to different aspects of the industry. This was really helpful because I learned about things I might not have explored otherwise.
2. You learn about the industry as a whole – In addition to the exposure to other types of creatives and influencers there were a few talks last year that went over the state of social media marketing industry and why it’s such a powerful marketing tool. This was unlike anything I’ve ever seen at another blogging conference.
Quite honestly, the trip was more than worth it in my opinion only taking the first two sessions into account. They spend a full year gathering data about marketing methods, what is working and why different things are more effective than others. Knowing these facts and numbers is a game changer. So many brands try to get work for free out of us, but when you see the numbers and realize that blogs and social media marketing is more effective than most other traditional forms of marketing, it is a huge mindset shift that can help you in negotiating with brands.
Here’s Ted Murphey’s keynote from 2015 if you want to watch:
3. Connections – I work with IZEA throughout the year on various sponsored campaigns so it was PRICELESS to get to meet the amazing fulfillment team that I email back and forth with about posts all the time. (Spending time riding rides and having fun with them during after parties was just icing on the cake!) This was another thing that I thought, if IZEAFest was JUST connecting with the fulfillment team in-person it would be totally worth it! My first paid post was through IZEA (though back then it went by a different name) so I feel like I owe each member of the team a lot as far as my career goes. Meeting them, chatting with them and even having parties with them was wonderful.
4. The parties – Okay seriously, everything up until now has been work-related but y’all IZEA knows how to throw a party. Last year part of one of the Disney parks was shut down just for us and we got to watch a Disney show (MAGICAL!!!) and ride rides into the night. I’m not sure how many times we all went through those rides but it was spectacularly fun!!! This year the Friday night party is being held in Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ in Marvel Super Hero Island®. Let’s just agree that I won’t tell your kids if you don’t tell mine! It’s going to be STELLAR.
(This shot was technically from another conference, but when I ran into Helene and Kristin at another conference THIS year, we ended up hanging out and having fun together again, I had to include the photo! I can’t wait to see everyone again in February!!!)
Also this year, I’ll be on a panel talking about sponsored content.
I hope you’ll join me there! Grab your tickets today (that’s my speaker link)!
I look forward to seeing you and having fun together!!!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- How to “be the village” to a newly diagnosed SPD family - April 22, 2019
- Peeps Playdough - April 11, 2019
- Toddler Acting Out After New Baby Comes Home - April 10, 2019
- Easiest Monthly Meal Plan - April 1, 2019
- 10 Labor Inducing Techniques That Don’t Work - March 29, 2019