When it comes to weeknight meals, there’s no family favorite quite like spaghetti.
We’ve taken that traditional dinner recipe and added a little twist. Baked Spaghetti and meatballs is an easy favorite for every one in the family! The gooey melted cheese, the zesty Italian flavors and the perfect spicy meatballs go together to make this a meal your family will request again and again!
This is one weeknight meal that is sure to please! Kids love spaghetti, but this baked version is even better than the traditional stovetop recipe.
And that melted cheese on top? PERFECTION.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 3-5 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1 cup tomato spaghetti sauce
- 3 Tablespoons sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10+ meatballs (pre-cooked preferred)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese plus extra for serving
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to your skillet or frying pan over medium heat and sear and cook your meatballs.
- Meanwhile, cook your spaghetti to el dente, according to package directions.
- Drain the spaghetti but do not rinse.
- Place the spaghetti in your casserole dish and then
- Stir in the tomato sauce and season to taste with sundried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
- Place the cooked meatballs overtop of the spaghetti and cover with mozzarella.
- Cook until the cheese is melted, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley overtop and serve.
Do you have a favorite weekday meal? Check out this yummy recipe for baked chicken spaghetti.