I have lived in Houston for almost all of my life. My family moved here when I was two, and aside from a couple years spent in the Philippines and a couple in North Carolina, I’ve been a Texas girl.
Despite living here for the majority of my life, I’m still finding amazing things to do in my city that I had never known about!
Last week, we found out about a gorgeous underground water cistern beneath Buffalo Bayou. It was serving drinking water to the city of Houston until 2007, which means I’ve probably had water from it!
We were able to tour it last weekend and I’m already making plans to go back. It was extraordinary!
I wrote all about our tour, shared some gorgeous pictures and let you know how to get a tour on my Travel site, Traveling Family Blog. You can click the image below to see more pictures and read about our adventure on Traveling Family Blog.
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- 10 Essentials for a toddler friendly beach trip - June 14, 2018
- What bloggers and marketers can learn from the ihop/ihob drama - June 11, 2018
- Everything to you need to know about having a toddler and a new baby - June 11, 2018
- The best responses to the ihob change - June 11, 2018
- Hammers and ice blocks – summer activity for kids - June 6, 2018