Chocolate Pudding Pie is as easy is it is delicious!
You know that feeling of panic when you realize (after a loooong week) that you are invited to a get-together Saturday and you didn’t plan a dish to bring? Don’t fret! We’ve got you covered! This happens to me all the time so I have a go-to easy dessert that bails me out every time I forget about that dinner party or cookout. It is so easy to prepare that you can literally throw it together 10 minutes before you leave.
Here’s what you need to have on hand at all times -in case of a dessert emergency ;)
Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Graham pie crust (such as Ready Crust or similar)
- Large box of INSTANT pudding (5.9 ounce box)
- 3 cups of milk
- Whipped topping (optional)
Super easy instructions:
- Prepare pudding mix following the directions on the box. (Make sure you follow the 5 minute Pudding Directions= add 3 cups of milk to the pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes)
- Pour filling into graham pie crust. It may seem thin but will firm up quickly.
- Let sit 5 minutes to set (I stick it in the refrigerator)
- Spread whipped topping over firm pudding (optional)
When you get to the party, make sure to tell the host your chocolate pudding pie needs to be refrigerated. By the time everyone is ready for dessert, your pie will be set and ready to serve!
If you have more time, you can also use cook and serve pudding in place of instant. It will take a little longer to cook and to set. If you prefer a homemade crust, the graham pie shell can be made by finely smashing one package of graham crackers, adding 2 T melted butter, mixing well, and pressing into the bottom of a pie dish. Let sit 5-10 minutes before adding pudding.
Toppings: If you are feeling fancy and have more than 10 minutes, you can add bananas, strawberries, or chocolate morsels on top. I have even drizzled some chocolate syrup over the whipped topping beause you can never have too much chocolate!
Easy Chocolate Pudding Pie
This creamy chocolate pie is the perfect dessert for a hot Summer day!
- Graham Pie Crust (such as Ready Crust or similar)
- Large box of INSTANT chocolate pudding (5.9 ounce box)
- 3 Cups of milk
- Whipped Topping
- Prepare pudding mix following the directions no the box. (Make sure you follow the 5 minute Pudding Directions= add 3 cups of milk to the pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes)
- Pour filling into graham pie crust and spread evenly
- Let sit 5 minutes to set
- Spoon and spread whipped topping over pudding (optional)
After you find one of your Easiest Family Weeknight Meals, throw this dessert together and set it in the fridge for a family dinner (and dessert) with no hassle!
So next trip to the grocery store, make sure you grab the ingredients for your new go-to Chocolate Pudding Pie dessert!
Kimberly Jones says
To add a little something extra to this pie you can also take a container of cream cheese and mix a little Cool Whip with it. Maybe half a container of Cool Whip. Mix it together put it on the bottom add the chocolate putting and Cool Whip to the top. I’ve done this for years ! My friends and family love it!
Carol L Cima says
Thank you so much for publishing this recipe. I have the larger box of pudding mix, 5.9, and on the box there is no longer a pie recipe.
I want to make this with my great granddaughter as the Magic Pie as I told her mother so many years ago. Magic because it is so quick!
D Witz says
This isn’t how you make the pie. The pie recipe has less milk and you used 3 cups, which is the amount used just to make pudding. I’m pretty sure the pie is 2 1/2 cups of milk for a box this size. You make it this way and it comes out soft and soggy.