Today’s Chicken Chow Mein is brought to you by Allie from Fab fixes!
This is my second time guest posting on Beauty Through Imperfection, and I just realized this is the second Asian food recipe I’ve contributed. Obviously we like Asian food at our house!! Ha :) My husband Chandler is a HUGE fan of Asian food, but sometimes it’s a little too flavorful for me. He experimented with the Chow Mein and we both loved it! Not too crazy with the flavor but not bland either. I hope you love it too!
Chicken Chow Mein
Recipe created by Chandler Olsen
Makes enough for 4 (2 adults, 2 kids. If you’re feeding 4 adults you may want to make more).
- 2 packages of Chow Mein Stir-Fry Noodles (can be found at Walmart in the Asian Section – picture below) Cook them according to the package and have them ready to add to the pan.
- 2 cups cut up Cabbage
- 1 cup cut up White onion
- 2 Chicken Breasts sliced into thin pieces
- Soy Sauce
- Garlic Salt
Start by pouring vegetable oil in the bottom of a fry pan until it coats the whole bottom. Warm the oil up and add the chicken. Fry it up until it’s white but not yet crusted. Add the cabbage and onion as well as the garlic salt, salt, and pepper (season to taste). Finish frying until everything is a little golden brown. Add about 4-5 drops sesame oil. Throw in cooked noodles and mix. Fry the noodles a bit so they’re warm. Add soy sauce to liking.
|These are the noodles we used, although I’m sure different ones would work fine.|
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Can you REALLY get paid to keep your phone off in the car? - October 15, 2019
- Spooky Spider Cookies - October 15, 2019
- Harry Potter Inspired Halloween Costume Ideas - October 12, 2019
- What to Pack for a Trip to Disney - October 4, 2019
- How to make kids ask for screen-free time - September 29, 2019