Today’s Awesome post is brought to you by Rosilind from A little R & R!
Many of my fondest childhood memories surround Christmastime. The lights and snow, the smells and lovely decorations, the music and all of the fun things you can do to make the holidays so special.
It truly is a time when adults become childlike and celebrate with unreserved abandon.
At least it was that way at our house.
And now that I have kids of my own, I have fun each year trying out new ideas that perhaps may become a family tradition in the years to come.
This is one idea I can’t wait to try out this year. Somehow, I have a feeling that this one is destined to be repeated year after year.
The great thing about this is that it can be adapted to any age!
As soon as the tree is decorated, I will wrap up 12 gifts and put them under the tree. During the 12 days of Christmas we will open one gift each day to reveal a fun family activity!
What is even better about this is that it doesn’t have to be expensive. Many of the ideas here are for things we already have around the home.
Our 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun are:
1. A Christmas cartoon – this is something we already have. I only bring out the Christmas cartoons during the Christmas season, so they remain special!
2. A Christmas book – again, this is something we already have and like the cartoons, I pack away our Christmas books and reserve them only for the Christmas season.
3. A Christmas coloring book or set of coloring sheets and a box of crayons or markers
4. Cookie sprinkles and a small apron – because we will make Christmas cookies together!
5. Hot cocoa and mini marshmallows
6. Craft supplies to make a homemade Christmas ornament
7. A fun Christmas CD for a sing and dance party
8. A plastic nativity set to play with – but don’t wrap up baby Jesus, because we’ll do that later!
9. A star for the top of the tree
10. Hat, gloves and mitten set – because we’re going out to play in the snow!
11. A decorative gift bag – because today we are going to gather up a few of our nicer toys for boys and girls who wont have a Christmas
12. Baby Jesus – today on Jesus’ birthday we will put baby Jesus in the manger
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- How to “be the village” to a newly diagnosed SPD family - April 22, 2019
- Peeps Playdough - April 11, 2019
- Toddler Acting Out After New Baby Comes Home - April 10, 2019
- Easiest Monthly Meal Plan - April 1, 2019
- 10 Labor Inducing Techniques That Don’t Work - March 29, 2019