Almost the precise moment you announce your pregnancy, you’ll start to hear all sorts of conflicting advice from every one you meet.
It’s amusing how the most tame of topics can become subjects of contention as different people passionately tell you which method (theirs) is superior to all the others.
You’ll also start to hear a variety of “facts” that also frequently conflict with one another.
One that I’ve heard a lot is that cloth diapers are impractical because they aren’t actually cheaper than disposable diapers.
This is usually said by some one who hasn’t really compared the price of either. But the assumption is, that once you factor in water costs from extra loads of laundry, “fancy” detergent prices and the expensive start up cost of diapers themselves, you’ll end up paying more for cloth than you would for disposable.
So let’s run the math. I looked up current (2016) prices for diapers in several popular brands. Having experimented with a variety of disposable diaper brands as well as cloth, I’ve collected prices from the brands I deem the best in each category.
There are certainly “bargain” brands of diapers, but most of them are similar enough in price to the cheapest I’ve mentioned here (Huggies) that it would be redundant to mention OR are so cheaply made that they are useless.
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Netflix quietly made a huge change to this Magic School Bus character - May 23, 2018
- What you need to know about baby’s first road trip - May 23, 2018
- Free coloring sheets for Solo: A Star Wars Movie - May 23, 2018
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries - May 22, 2018
- How to make learning fun this Summer for kids of ALL ages! - May 21, 2018