She sees her opportunity as I sit down to fold the laundry. Without hesitation she waddles over to my position on the floor and settles herself onto my lap. No pretenses, no questioning, just complete confidence in the knowledge that she is far more important than whatever task I have at hand.
She tries to help with the laundry and I let her. Enjoying this snippet in time as she reminds me that these moments wither her are worth infinitely more than the clothing she is un-folding.
I love that she knows this. That her confidence in being loved never wavers. Though I’ve failed her countless times, she never questions the love.
She may wish to be in control more than she’s allowed. She’s still unable to comprehend why she is not allowed to hit her brother, or climb on everything in sight. But one thing she knows, she is loved and far more important than anything else in our home.
I’m not always able to drop everything and love on her, and I don’t always choose to. But sometimes I do, and it’s made her heart full so that even know, when she’s unable to convey her needs in words, she can talk in smiles and simple touches, and it is enough.
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- How to prevent toddler tantrums at bedtime - December 3, 2019
- Holiday Rolo Pretzel Bark - November 26, 2019
- How to Write a Letter to Santa & Get a Letter Back! - November 20, 2019
- 50+ Free (or almost free) Christmas Traditions - November 13, 2019
- Thanksgiving Pregnancy Announcement Ideas - November 1, 2019