If you are hosting a Finding Dory party soon, we have the perfect party snacks for you, with this fun Quesa-Dory fruit quesadilla recipe!
- 1 Cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 (6-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) whipped cream cheese
- Grated zest of 1 small lemon
- 3 cups 100% orange juice
Additional Quesa-Dory Features:
- To make Dory’s eye, use a round slice of banana topped with a blueberry.
- Use pineapple slices to make Dory’s tail and side fin.
- Cut a small V-shape out of the quesadilla to make Dory’s mouth.
- Use a few blueberries on each plate to make “bubbles” coming up from Dory’s mouth.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds to the bottom of each plate to make the ocean floor.
- Enjoy while warm.
In a medium saucepan, combine the frozen berries, apple, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat and simmer until fruit is soft, about 10 minutes. Set aside. (Sauce will keep for 5 days when covered in the fridge).
In a bowl, blend together the cream cheese and lemon zest. Add in the blueberry sauce and stir until combined.
Spread 1/4 cup of mixture over a tortilla, leaving 1/4 inch border. Top with another tortilla.
Repeat until you have 4 quesadillas.
Heat a skilled over medium heat, and coast with olive oil spray. Add quesadilla to the skillet and cook until crisp and lightly browned on the bottom, about 2-3 minutes. Flip over to lightly brown the other side, about 2-3 minutes.
When ready to serve, kids can help make the quesadilla into a Quesa-Dory!
To get you ready for your Finding Dory party, be sure to grab these free coloring sheets and dot-to-dot printables!
We’re so thankful to Disney for sharing these fun ideas and resources with us!