Next Saturday morning (april 11, 2015) Free the Captives is hosting a 5k Run/Walk in Houston to raise awareness about human trafficking and fighting it in Houston.
If you are in the Houston area and interested in running or walking you can sign up here. The races start at 7:30 am and there is even a 1k fun run for the kids a little later in the morning.
If you are not quite up for the run, you can still join in and learn about trafficking in our city and around the world by attending the freedom festival that will be held after the run! The festival is open to the public and all of the attractions are absolutely free of charge!
There will be music, games, food and speakers discussing human trafficking. All of the talks will be in language that is appropriate for children, but so important for parents to learn about, so we can know how to best protect our own children, as well as help with this huge problem right here in our city.
You can find out more about Free the Captives, and their ministry here in Houston on their website.
I would love to see you at the event! Or, just keep it in your thoughts in prayers on saturday. If there are thunderstorms the walk and festival will be rescheduled!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- 4 back to school photos to keep off social media - July 18, 2018
- My kid is throwing a tantrum BECAUSE I’m a good mom - July 12, 2018
- Homemade Star Shaped Glitter Crayons - July 10, 2018
- Travel to a village off the beaten path - July 9, 2018
- Fun activities for kids in your city (and a printable adventure bingo game) - July 6, 2018