Silly topic, I know. but I am packing to move and this is the type of thing that is inspired when packing.
I have a lot of gift bags. I keep them all, because they are so expensive to purchase and I don’t want to waste them when I could reuse them. Here is the problem. Way over 50% of them are baby themed, and most of those are baby BOY themed. Not very practical for re-use. So now, I am just waiting around hoping that my friends will get pregnant, and that when they do, it will happen to be a boy ;)
At one of my showers a woman did something unique though. She by-passed all of the cute baby gift bags, and instead purchased a cute re-use able shopping bag to hold the gift. As soon as I saw it I thought “genius, this is what I’m doing from now on”. It’s perfect! Cute, and a gift all by itself. Especially for me, because I live in an apartment building on the 3rd floor. Makes carrying groceries and a baby up the stairs that much easier.
So as I pack all of my gift bags into a box, hoping that some day I will be able to use all of them, I decided to pass along that bit of ‘wisdom’ learned from my baby shower(s).
1. If you can restrain yourself skip the cute ‘themed’ gift bags and go for a re useable shopping bag instead. (this is true for weddings, and baby showers!)
2. If you absolutely can’t resist the cute baby gift bags, try to get one that is not gender specific.
It’s not life changing, it’s not rocket science. But it never crossed my mind until I unintentionally became a collector of ‘baby boy’ gift bags.
Ps. My husband’s entire family got their Christmas gifts this year in baby-themed gift bags ;)
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- How to “be the village” to a newly diagnosed SPD family - April 22, 2019
- Peeps Playdough - April 11, 2019
- Toddler Acting Out After New Baby Comes Home - April 10, 2019
- Easiest Monthly Meal Plan - April 1, 2019
- 10 Labor Inducing Techniques That Don’t Work - March 29, 2019