It’s always fun making and buying gifts for grandparents. I love making sentimental gifts and this was by far one of the most loved gifts we’ve ever made! We put this together for my children’s great-great grandmother who lives halfway across the country from us. She cherished it!!! I’m so excited to share how to do it with you today! This post contains affiliate links.
I wanted to send her something special so she could keep up with the kids from across the country. I came up with the gift idea to send her a glorified photo book. She LOVED it. Every time I would talk to her on the phone she mentioned how much she loved flipping through it. You could use this gift as a Christmas present that will keep giving all year round!
- A Photo Album
- Notecards (3 1/2 by 5 size)
- Printed photos of the kiddos
- Paints, Crayons, colored pencils, stickers (Whatever your kids love to use!)
We all know that a picture is worth 1,000 words but sometimes photos could use a few words of explanation. Especially when it comes to photographing children!
That’s what makes this photo book unique. On each page include a photo or two, but also tuck in a few note cards. On each card you can write an explanation of what the kids are doing or saying in each photo. It’s better than just a letter, but also way more personal than a regular photo book! Give a few note cards to the kids and let them color, decorate and paint them as they see fit. Tuck a few of these masterpieces in next to the photos too.
Do 5-10 pages an then leave the rest of the book blank. This way you can send more photos and notecards throughout the year. It’s really the gift that keeps on giving!
As you take more photos, be sure to write numbers on the back of them and the note cards so it’s easy for them to put the stories with the correct photos!
It is a fun recurring project to do with the kids, and you know grandma and grandpa won’t complain about more stories and photos of their grandkids!
What about you? How do you keep grandparents up to date with the kiddos if they live far away?
Here are more gift ideas for grandparents:
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Fun things to do in Houston with kids - September 18, 2019
- Planning for Christmas in September - September 16, 2019
- Age appropriate books to talk to your children about consent, abuse and empowerment - September 13, 2019
- Sentimental gift idea for grandparents – Picture frame craft - September 8, 2019
- A mom’s life made easier – when it’s time for the Dr visit - August 26, 2019