With Halloween just around the corner we are getting ready with all kinds of special treats. Last week we shared these spooky Halloween Spider cookies and this week we have another fun option with these creepy eyeball cookies!
disclosure: I have included links to buy the special ingredients for these cookies and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through my links. Thanks for your support
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter – softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar – packed
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Wilton bright white candy melts
Wilton vibrant green candy melts
Wilton orange candy melts
Wilton purple candy melts
Wilton large red vein candy eyes
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Add the butter and both sugars to a medium mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, cream together until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk until combined.
5. Add half of the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and stir until just combined. Add the remaining half and stir until all of the ingredients are wet. The batter will be thick and sticky.
6. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
7. Once chilled, remove from refrigerator. With greased hands, shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place on the lined cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (depending on oven temperatures). Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes.
9. Using a small melon scoop or your thumb, press an indentation into the middle of each cookie.
10. While the cookies are still warm, place a candy melt into each thumbprint. It will start melting right away. Place a candy eye on top.
11. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to completely cool before serving.
These are such a fun recipe to serve up as a school party snack or even for a Fall festival. These spooky eyeball cookies are sure to bring smiles to your kids faces!!!
As you get ready for Halloween treats and fun with your kids? If you are looking for more ideas see our huge round up of Halloween Snacks and recipes here!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- The secret to getting your child to tell you about their day at school - August 20, 2018
- Cheesy Goldfish Crusted Garlic Chicken - August 16, 2018
- Day 10 of 30: Optimism Challenge - August 15, 2018
- “You Need to Learn How to Control Your Kids” - August 14, 2018
- Fruit Infused Flavored Water - August 11, 2018