This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Enterprise Rent-A-Car. All opinions are 100% mine.
IT’s the time of year when many people are gearing up for their holiday travels! We’re fortunate to have most of my husband’s farmily right here in town, so we only have to drive a few streets over for our holiday celebrations! But since I know that most people doing a lot of driving this time of year, I thought I would share some of my best tips for having a fun and thrifty holiday road trip!
- Snacks – Plan ahead and pack your car with a huge variety of different snack foods. Only get out one new type of snack at each gas-stop. This will keep every one from feeling like they need to run inside and buy expensive snacks at every stop, while still keeping them fed and happy.
- Gas – There are lots of different phone apps now that allow you to find the cheapest gas in your area. Download one and use it while on the road to find the best gas prices. Sometimes you might have to drive a mile or so away from the highway but it could very well be worth it to get a huge discount on your gas!
- Consider Renting – There are many good reasons to rent a car for a road trip instead of driving your own. It will save you from putting all those miles on your own car, as well as free you from worry about the condition of your car if it is not as new as a rental would be. Enterprise Rent-A-Car has a great deal going on right now with a Plus Your Points promotion that allows you to get double points towards free rentals in the future. The promotion is going on from December 2 – March 31st, so it’s perfect for holiday travels! You can get more information on the Enterprise Plus Your Points promotion website! There are no blackout dates and points never expire as long as you have one qulaifying Enterprise rental withing every 2 year period. All the points are tracked online, and you can register to start receiving points on their site as well. There are SO many ways to earn points, buy purchasing a qulaifying rental (for double points), addinga GPS to your rental (50 points), sharing the “plus your points” message on twitter (20 points) and referring friends!!! Enterprise also invites you to Follow us on Facebook to keep up with their latest news
- Entertainment – Stop at pet stores along the way to let the kids peek at the animals and enjoy themselves. It’s a free stop and something almost every kid would love.
- Take Your Time – Schedule extra time into your trip for stops merely to stretch legs, or let the kids run around for awhile. Look for rest stops when you cross into a new state and use the big open areas of grass to play frisbee or tag with the kids before jumping back in the car for a few more hours. If you schedule these stops into your trip, you won’t get so stressed about taking them when the kids need to be out of the car for awhile.
- Toys – Visit a consignment store or dollar store before your trip and stock up on “new” toys for the kids. Every few hours pull out something from your bag and watch them be enthralled with the excitment of a new toy. OR you could start sneaking favorite toys away a few weeks before you leave for your trip and have them “magically” appear in the car along the way. The kids are sure to be thrilled either way and stay entertained during the long hours in the car.
Although we aren’t taking any winter road trips this year, I would love to take my kids up north to see snow one of these years. Neither of them have ever experienced snow, so I look forward to sharing that with them on year! It takes a lot to keep kids entertained in the car, but with a little bit of planning and a whole lot of fun it can be done!
Do you travel much for the holidays? How far do you go?