I have a really fun opportunity for you today, I am looking for writers, (both bloggers and non-bloggers) who might be interested in sharing a story of motherhood for a book I’m compiling with Becky Mansfield (from Your Modern Family) and Jodi Durr (from Meaningful Mama).
We’re writing this book called The Mom Quilt.
This book will be formed by many different hands and yet coming together to create a beautiful work of art and encouragement.
The purpose of this book is three-fold:
- To encourage mothers through our stories. Motherhood is difficult and it is beautiful. We will share those hard and joyous moments with one another and connect through the things that unite us, even though we are separated by many miles.
- To support Mercy House. 100% of the profit from this book will go to support Mercy House ministries. This is an organization started by Kristen Welch which assists women in Kenya. Our first goal is to raise $40,000 to build a water well. This will help provide mercy house with more easy access to clean water and serve as a business for the women as they can then in turn supply water to their local village.
- To do something impactful with our blogs – We each have a passion for using our blogs to have an impact on the world around us. This is one way that we are able to contribute something lasting to the world by leveraging the platform that we already have as bloggers.
Blogger, readers and writes, we would love for you to join us on this project. If you would like to have the chance to share your story, please apply! We want to share stories from dozens of moms in all stages of life! If you are interested in writing a chapter for the book please click here!
To learn more about Mercy House, watch the video below to see how it was started!
We are so excited to have the chance to raise this money for a well on the mountain where they live to enable them to reduce their monthly costs and start their own business to support what they are doing there in their nation!
Even if you are not a writer, we would love to have you join us! We will be launching this book in a couple of months and it is going to be AMAZING. The authors will be paying for design, and editing so that every last dollar can go directly to our goal.
I’m excited to see a bunch of moms raise this money for moms in Kenya!
Let’s impact the world from our living rooms ladies!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Netflix quietly made a huge change to this Magic School Bus character - May 23, 2018
- What you need to know about baby’s first road trip - May 23, 2018
- Free coloring sheets for Solo: A Star Wars Movie - May 23, 2018
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries - May 22, 2018
- How to make learning fun this Summer for kids of ALL ages! - May 21, 2018