I’ve never liked Peeps. There, I said it. They’re too chewy, too sweet, they fill up your mouth and they’re just disgusting! However, they are also adorable, come in the cutest colors and are an extremely festive treat to have around the house when celebrating Easter.
One way I’ve found Peeps to be downright yummy is by using them to top brownies. Grab my Easter Brownie Recipe here.
But when you are all done trying to eat them, you can make them into a fun activity for kids instead!
How to make Peeps Playdough
Making playdough with marshmallow peeps or bunnies, is a great way to use those leftover peeps and celebrate the holiday with your kids.
- Marshmallow Peep Bunnies (Any color of your choosing)
- Place 5 marshmallow peeps in a microwave safe bowl, add 4 Tablespoons of flour and 1 Tablespoon of Crisco.
- Place in microwave and heat for 30 seconds, then mix well.
- Next, take it out of the bowl and kneed it in your hands for a few seconds. If it’s still a tad sticky add a dusting of flour until the stickiness is gone. Now it’s ready to play with!
- Repeat steps for each color of peeps.
- Have fun!!
Note: Store the playdough in an airtight baggie and should keep for 30 days. If it gets a tad hard then pop back in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to soften.
Do you have a favorite way to celebrate Easter with the family?
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Words of hope, from moms who have already overcome postpartum depression - May 31, 2019
- Lorax Inspired Rice Krispie Bars - May 29, 2019
- What to Pack for a Trip to Disney - May 27, 2019
- Coffee and other weird things I’ve found that help me sleep better - May 25, 2019
- Why I Argue With My Kids - May 15, 2019