Traditionally french toast is known as a breakfast food, but you’ll definitely want this sweet Strawberry French Toast served up for dessert. It’s rich and delicious and will make the perfect Valentine’s Day Dessert!
- 1 cup Frozen Whole Strawberries
- 2 tbsp. Sugar (+1 tbsp if you want it super sweet)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Diced Fresh Strawberries (if desired)
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Half & Half
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Almond Extract
- 4-5 Slices Brioche Bread
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s Vanilla Almond Clusters Cereal (or any cluster/cornflake cereal will work)
- ½ tbsp. Butter (per slice)
- Cook strawberries at low heat until slightly boiling. Turn heat to low. Mash strawberries completely.
- Whisk in sugar and heavy cream. Remove from heat.
- Add butter to skillet and heat to medium.
- While skillet is heating, quickly whisk together eggs, half & half, ground cinnamon, and almond extract.
- Soak both sides of brioche in egg mixture.
- Coat both sides of brioche in cereal.
- Cook brioche at medium heat for approximately 4 minutes (or until golden) on each side. Remove from pan.
- Cut French toast into halves or quarters. Pour strawberry topping over toast, add diced fresh strawberries (if desired), and syrup (if desired). Serve immediately.
Strawberry French Toast
For the Topping
Nina Javez says
MY kiddos and I are having a Mum and babes valentines, Ill certainly be making this for breakfast for dinner.