Traditionally french toast is known as a breakfast food, but you’ll definitely want this sweet Strawberry French Toast served up for dessert. It’s rich and delicious and will make the perfect Valentine’s Day Dessert!
- 1 cup Frozen Whole Strawberries
- 2 tbsp. Sugar (+1 tbsp if you want it super sweet)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Diced Fresh Strawberries (if desired)
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Half & Half
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Almond Extract
- 4-5 Slices Brioche Bread
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s Vanilla Almond Clusters Cereal (or any cluster/cornflake cereal will work)
- ½ tbsp. Butter (per slice)
- Cook strawberries at low heat until slightly boiling. Turn heat to low. Mash strawberries completely.
- Whisk in sugar and heavy cream. Remove from heat.
- Add butter to skillet and heat to medium.
- While skillet is heating, quickly whisk together eggs, half & half, ground cinnamon, and almond extract.
- Soak both sides of brioche in egg mixture.
- Coat both sides of brioche in cereal.
- Cook brioche at medium heat for approximately 4 minutes (or until golden) on each side. Remove from pan.
- Cut French toast into halves or quarters. Pour strawberry topping over toast, add diced fresh strawberries (if desired), and syrup (if desired). Serve immediately.
Do you have a favorite dessert recipe? After this one, be sure to try our tasty Strawberry Shortcake Pie!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Powerful ways to help your child beat their first day of school worries - July 19, 2019
- Fun Summer Activities for Kids at Willie’s Grill & Ice House - July 18, 2019
- 100 Ways Your Kids Will Actually Eat Vegetables - July 3, 2019
- 5 Gift Ideas for the New Big Brother or New Big Sister - July 1, 2019
- Hammers and ice blocks – summer activity for kids - June 28, 2019