This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bar-S Foods. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’m all about the Summer fun this week! There’s just something special about celebrating life with close friends and family. Summer is the perfect time to this, since every one can crowd outside to play and run inside for yummy food and drinks!
First off, I wanted to share this ridiculously-easy recipe for watermelon limeade slushie! My friend made this at our party this weekend and it was amazing!
- Quarter of a large watermelon – cut lengthwise
- Can of slightly frozen limeade
Add the chunks of watermelon to the blender, and then pour in a can of limeade and half a can of water. Blend until there are no more large chunks of watermelon. It will be slightly frothy on top! Pour into glasses and enjoy! It’s really that simple! Sometimes we add a bit of ice to the blender for extra texture, and other times we leave it smooth! It’s really up to your personal taste!
I wanted something easy and yummy for dinner so we decided to make a build-your-own hot dog buffet! Every one likes different things on their hot dogs so I tried to gather a little something for every one! People even got to try some new toppings! I served some of our Texas favorites as well as a few North Carolina traditional toppings! We had the following:
- hot dogs (you can get a Bar-S Coupon for your own hot dogs!)
- shredded cheese
- coleslaw (chili and slaw on a hot dog – SO yummy!)
In addition to the yummy food, we played lots of Summer and beach-y games in the backyard. From playing in the kiddie pool to playing paddle ball in the yard with a fun beach ball! Our kids had such a fun time creating their own games with the paddles and a variety of different balls! It was hard to snap a good picture because they were running around so much!
What is your favorite way to celebrate Summer? You can follow Bar-S Facebook and enter their 100 Day of Summer Sweepstakes and don’t forget to print your coupons too so you can host your own Summer party and hot dog buffet! What would you have on your hot dog bar?
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Words of hope, from moms who have already overcome postpartum depression - May 31, 2019
- Lorax Inspired Rice Krispie Bars - May 29, 2019
- What to Pack for a Trip to Disney - May 27, 2019
- Coffee and other weird things I’ve found that help me sleep better - May 25, 2019
- Why I Argue With My Kids - May 15, 2019