- Music education improves math and reading skills - So many kids struggle with math and reading in school. We all want to do everything we can to boost our children’s productivity in school and help them succeed, and musical education is a great place to start! A lot of studies have shown that musical education creates neural pathways, connecting both sides of the brain, which is why it can help with math and reading skills!
- Improves memory and listening skills – Children work on memorizing songs, and listening for their part in a musical piece, excercising great skills that they will use later in life, regardless of the profession or future interests.
- Develops language skills – Learning to read music, is a lot like learning a new language! This can also improve their ability to learn a second, spoken language later in life.
- Improves hand/eye coordination – The specific movements and gestures that must be done in order to play an instrument correctly greatly assist a child’s coordination and muscle control.
- Focus - Studying music helps a child learn to focus, which can improve their test skills and concentration on future jobs.
- Confidence – Preforming music can boost a child’s confidence and help them to overcome stage fright.
- Creative thinking – Music Education helps a child learn to consider problems creatively and encourages them to discover multiple solutions to problems.
- Discipline – Constantly practicing and scheduling lessons improves a child’s work ethic and teaches them patience as they must work hard to improve. These skills will be invaluable as the child grows into an adult.
So maybe you are thinking: “This is great, but where do I sign my kid up?” I have just the answer for you! TakeLessons.com is a great site that connects families with pre-qualified, safe music teachers, arts instructors and academic tutors throughout the US. You can find your teacher and sign up for lessons at TakeLessons.com or give them a call at 855-684-5482. You can also get 20% off your music or tutoring lessons with the coupon code Music 36! This is a great option for homeschoolers, as you can get a great and personal musical education without needing to participate in public or private schooling!
Did you study music as a child? Do you plan to teach music to your children? Which of these points is the MOST important for your family?