Are you making Christmas cookies this year? If you weren’t planning on it, you might have to make some room in your cooking schedule. I have a really yummy recipe for you today: Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Cookies!
This post has been sponsored by Goldrich Eggs — find them online using the #GoldrichYolk hashtag.
This recipe makes about 30 cookies. You’ll need:
- 2 sticks of butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten (Goldrich brand for best results!)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of flour
- 2/3 cups of powdered cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups of crushed peppermints
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Using a mixer at high speed, combine the butter and sugar until they are uniform and fluffy. Gently mix the beaten eggs and vanilla extract into the sugar and butter, and set aside.
In another bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt until the mixture is uniform. Slowly mix the dry mixture into the wet, one cup at a time. Be careful not to over-mix!
The dough will be ready when it’s uniform, soft and sticky. Now mix in the peppermints.
Put the dough onto a cookie sheet in small (2 tablespoon) drops. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
I’m so glad that Goldrich Yolk sponsored this campaign — these eggs were delicious! When I was looking at the carton in the grocery store, I wondered if the eggs inside were really any different from the other brands on display. Eggs are eggs, right?
Apparently not! The yolks were actually golden and had a rich flavor unlike any I’d had before. And I wasn’t the only person impressed with these eggs. My aunt visited right after I bought them and had no idea that I was working on this campaign. After trying them, she agreed. They were way better than other brands she had tried, even reminding her of the amazing eggs she would often have while traveling in Europe!
Do you love chocolate and peppermint as much as we do? What about tasty eggs or other quality ingredients? Do you have a favorite Christmas cookie?
Grab some fun Christmas cookie tools from our affiliate here:
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Not Always the Happy Mom - March 24, 2017
- James Corden + Beauty and the Beast Cast performing in the crosswalk - March 22, 2017
- My session at IZEAFest - March 21, 2017
- The magic of closet toys (aka how to get a toddler to play quietly for 30+ minutes a day) - March 21, 2017
- I told my kids about the refugee crisis today - March 17, 2017