As we all get ready for Christmas day thoughts of milk and cookies for Santa come to mind, but what about the reindeer?
Check out this fun recipe for reindeer food to keep Rudolf and the gang full of energy on Christmas Eve!
- 2 ½-3 cups Quick Oats
- 5 Brown Pipe Cleaners
- 5 Plastic Sandwich Baggies
- Glitter, assort. colors
- Glue Stick
- Googly Eyes
- Red Poms
Put the oats in a bowl, and mix in 1-2 Tablespoons of each color of glitter.
Cut the zippered tops off each baggie and pour ½ cup of oat mixture into each baggie. Make sure to pour it into the corner of the baggie.
Now, take a pipe cleaner and tie each baggie closed. Twist it a few times around and leave the ends sticking up. Bend each of the ends back and forth a few times to resemble antlers.
Glue two googly eyes and a red pom on each bag.
On Christmas Eve, children can sprinkle it on the lawn to feed Santa’s reindeer!
This would be such a fun tradition to start with the kids, and be a cute little decoration to leave out for the week leading up to Christmas too!
After you put together the reindeer food for Rudolf, be sure to whip up a batch of these delicious chocolate peppermint cookies to leave out for Santa. We’ve heard they’re his favorite!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- 10 Essentials for a toddler friendly beach trip - June 14, 2018
- What bloggers and marketers can learn from the ihop/ihob drama - June 11, 2018
- Everything to you need to know about having a toddler and a new baby - June 11, 2018
- The best responses to the ihob change - June 11, 2018
- Hammers and ice blocks – summer activity for kids - June 6, 2018