Valentine’s day is just around the corner, and I’m just waiting for the sign up sheet to hit the check in table at my kids’ preschool. There are so many parties every year, but Valentine’s is one of the biggest! Not only do they give little cards to one another, but we also bring a special dessert or game to share. If you are in charge of desserts this year, I have a yummy cookie recipe for you today!
This recipe will yield 14-16 cookies:
1 box Strawberry Cake Mix (I used Pillsbury)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk chocolate chips (can use semi also)
Chocolate hearts (like the Dove brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (this will keep the cookies from spreading into each other).
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, eggs, baking powder, vegetable oil and vanilla.
4. On medium speed, mix with an electric mixer until all of the ingredients are well incorporated. The batter will be thick.
5. Fold in the milk chocolate chips.
6. Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop 1 inch balls onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes exactly. Do not over bake.
8. Once removed from the oven, keep cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes to cool. Sprinkle Valentine sprinkles on top of the cookies.
9. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Place a chocolate heart on top of each cookie before it completely cools.
These would be perfect to bring to a preschool class party or just make with your kids at home! How do you celebrate Valentine’s day with your kids?
One of our favorites is buying sweet books for each child. You can see more here
Or learn how to make personalized cards from each of your kids… the grandparents LOVED these last year!
More beautiful Valentines fun, order this gorgeous wall art from our partners at minted!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Not Always the Happy Mom - March 24, 2017
- James Corden + Beauty and the Beast Cast performing in the crosswalk - March 22, 2017
- My session at IZEAFest - March 21, 2017
- The magic of closet toys (aka how to get a toddler to play quietly for 30+ minutes a day) - March 21, 2017
- I told my kids about the refugee crisis today - March 17, 2017