Can you believe we are already halfway through 2013? This year just seems to be flying by! At the beginning of this year I made a few goals and shared them here. I decided to revisit these goals today to see how things are going!
1. To Listen More – One of my biggest goals for the year was to listen to my family more. To take time and really hear what they are talking about, and pay attention even if the topic is not of particular interest to me. I feel like I have been doing pretty good with this goal, but there is still room for improvement!
2. To be intentionally quiet and still – This is one that I need to put at the top of my list for the next 6 months! I still struggle with not taking time to be quiet or just think in peace. So many distractions in my life, and oftentimes I just add more instead of decreasing them! Need to keep working on this one!
3. Keep our house cleaner – Yay! I’ve been doing better with this one! Sleeping through the night certainly helps me have more time and energy for cleaning! The kids have also started playing together more lately, which has given me time to keep our house a bit more tidy.
4. To maintain a healthy bodyweight – This one has not yet been a success. I lost a lot of weight when I was nursing the princess, when she started losing weight too we knew something was wrong. I switched her to formula and we’re both starting to gain a bit back. I’m hoping to keep a healthy weight through the end of this year!
5. To eat (and cook) better – Success on the eating healthier, but I’m still not a great cook. Hopefully one day I can claim to cook well, but not yet.
6. To become a paid blogger – One of my goals for the year was to start making an income (no matter how small) on this blog. Though I’m still working hard on this one, I’m happy to say it’s a success! I have a little bit coming in every month from writing here, and I was even paid once to publish something on another site. Every little bit is helping us get closer to purchasing a house, so this is a very exciting one for me!
7. To be less stressed – This is definitely a success! I’ve been much less stressed this year than last, and it is such a wonderful thing! Amazing what lack of pregnancy hormones can do for my mood!
And my three “every year” goals:
8. To be a better wife
9. To be a better mama
10. To be happy
I feel like I have taken huge strides in each of those areas as well! Thankful for another half year to learn and grow!
Did you make any goals or resolutions for this year? If you did, how is it going?