This Sunday (Easter) is my 23rd birthday. I have been thinking about what “just for fun” post I should do for my b-day and I finally decided to do my 30 before 30 list. I had so much fun writing it all out, it was funny to me how many of my goals have to do with (1) the kids/family and (2) writing; very easy to see where my passions lie!
Here’s my 30 before 30/things I want to accomplish in the next 7 years ;)
The list is in no particular order.
1. Buy a House July 2014! 2. Finish my book proposal – Achieved May 2013 (started querying agents in May as well!) 3. Finish wiring my first book – Finished it! Now for editing and formatting for ebook sales! 4. Publish my first book (and hopefully more than one!) When Baby Becomes Big Sibling published Jan. 8th 2014
5. Take an overnight trip with the hubby &
no kids (I’ve gone on several kid-free trips for work, but none with my husband yet!) 6. Go on a family Vacation Galveston, June 2014
7. Take the kids to Disney
Potty Train both kids – 2015
9. Private family goal (will share details if/when it’s completed!)
10. Personal goal (again, will share if/when it happens!)
11. Find ways to actively support young/teen moms in my community
12. Remain debt free (Aside from home mortgage when we buy a house, though it would be awesome if we could somehow have that paid off by 30 as well!)
Attend a blogging conference – Blog Elevated, September 2013
Meet up a blogger friend in real life (or more than one!) – Met many Bloggy friends at Blog Elevated September 2013
15. Go camping with the family (this is/will be a bigger deal than it seems – I will write more about it when it happens)
16. Learn to speak/understand Spanish decently
17. Donate my hair to locks of love or a similar charity (good incentive to actually grow it out long!)
18. Survive my first 9 years of motherhood (crazy! I will have a 9 year old when I turn 30!!!)
19. Continue sending Christmas cards/letters out every year (
20. Do family pictures at least once a year (
2013, 2014, 2015) 21. Publish my free e-book for subscribers to my blog Subscribe above! July 2014 22. Become a paid author/writer – Achieved in April 2013 when my post about child abuse prevention was syndicated on Blogher
23. Touch the Pacific Ocean (I lived on an island in the Pacific for 3 years and I’ve never touched it!)
24. Attend the Houston Rodeo (I’ve lived in Houston since I was 2 and I’ve never been!) Hubby and I went to Go Tejano Day at the Houston Rodeo in March 2014!
25. Take the kids on a trip to a foreign country (hopefully multiple times) –
2015 Vienna, Austria
Speak at a Conference – 2015 (and hosted one in 2016!) 27. Make an awesome 2 tiered cake with homemade fondant 28. Have a small garden with the kids – achieved in April 2013
29. Publish something in a magazine – Achieved June 2013 Paragraph published in Christ Centered Home Magazine.
30. To still be loving life and making goals at age 30!
Do you have a ’30 before 30′ list or bucket list? what’s on yours?