This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of LEGO. All opinions are 100% mine.
The holiday season is one of the busiest of the entire year. It can be hard to squeeze in family time amidst all the shopping, list making, baking and various other activities that we all have going on this time of year. Which is why I’ve prepared this list of fun and FREE family activities to do this holiday season. Simple and stress free fun that will have the whole family laughing together.
- Christmas Lights – Take an evening “off” to drive around and look at Christmas lights together. Have fun drinking hot cocoa in the car and trying to find the most extravagent yards in your neighborhood.
- Create a LEGO family – This is SUCH a fun idea, that I found out about this year. On the LEGO Minifigure Family website you can create and customize your own LEGO family. You can try out different hairstyles, clothing options, facial expressions and backgrounds. This is such a fun little family activity and it is sure to have everyone laughing, as you can dress up as LEGO elves, ninjas, santas, and plenty of other characters in between! You can then plant your characters in fabulous winter scenes like the north pole, a Christmasy living room, a beach scene or even out space! It’s definitely something to do again and again! You can even create a customized card with a greeting from your little family and share it on social media sites or via email! Here’s the card I made for our family! I plan to make a few more since we had so much fun with this one! This would also be really fun to print out and send with your Christmas letters this year! Especially if you have wiggly kids and it’s too hard to take a family photo!
- PJ Party – Host a Pajama party in your living room! Stay up late one night watching holiday movies and enjoying each other’s company!
- Christmas Books – Choose a different Holiday themed book to read every night before bed. If you need some new books to add to your holiday collection you can check out this list I put together with 25 different stories!
- Bake Cookies – Make some yummy sugar cookies and Decorate them together. You can cut them in fun shapes, ice them and even add sprinkles!
What is your favorite family activity during the holidays? Are you going to make a super-fun LEGO Christmas Card this year?