There are so many things that I won’t miss about apartment living, but I’ve narrowed it down to my top ten.
I wrote this post a few months ago when we were getting ready to move out of our 3rd story 2 bedroom apartment. Somehow it got lost in the shuffle of posts in “draft” and it never got published.
- The trash truck coming during nap-time every. day.
- Having to prod my kids up two flights of stairs while also carrying groceries
- Carrying trash down two flights of stairs stairs
- Being confined to my bedroom every night after 7pm since the baby sleeps in the dinging room.
- The changing table in our bedroom (SO romantic)
- White wall everywhere
- Tiny kitchen
- General lack of closet space
- Did I mention the stairs?
- Paying every month but not actually getting ahead.
Life at the new house is pretty great. Sure, there is a yard to be cared for, there are things that constantly need fixing or lights that need replacing. There’s intensive cleaning to do because I honestly don’t think the people that lived here before us had any type of hygiene or ever vacuumed. Ever.
But we love our house. We love that it’s ours, and it’s amazing coming home every day to something that we worked so hard to get. Our time in that tiny apartment may have been longer than we wanted it to be, but we still have many happy memories there. Thankful to be gone…but also thankful for our days there.
Wondering how we made it out of the apartment? I shared the 10 kinda crazy things we did to buy a house at 24 here!
OR if you are still in a small space, check out these tips for organizing a small house!
Did you have a season of small-home living?