Mornings are hard. But I have learned that if I start my days with protein I have so much more energy throughout the day. Even more than my daily coffee, protein rich foods do wonders for me during the day. However, cooking first thing in the morning is not at the top of my to-do list, which is why I think smoothies are such a great option.
For this AllWhites Egg Whites Favorites recipe for Carob Nut Banana Protein Smoothie you’ll need:
-1/3 cup AllWhites Egg Whites
-1/4 cup skim milk
-1Tbsp dried carob powder
-2Tbsp reduced fat peanut butter
Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Serve immediately for your extra protein early in the morning.
Carob powder is a fat free alternative to chocolate, and you can find it in the health or natural section of your grocery store.
AllWhites Egg Whites have 0 Points Plus® value per serving on the Weight Watchers® program, naturally fat-free and cholesterol-free and can be a healthy alternative to recipes that call for eggs! It’s a great source of lean protein that’s easily kept on hand (and added to recipes!) since it is 100% liquid egg whites with no yolks. So much easier than trying to separate eggs yourself and then wasting the yolk!
- 1/3 cup AllWhites Egg Whites
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1Tbsp dried carob powder
- 2Tbsp reduced fat peanut butter
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Serve immediately for your extra protein early in the morning.
This recipe can be doubled so you can prepare morning smoothies for your whole family! Get everyone on started with a low calorie energy filled morning. You can also check out the AllWhites Egg Whites Health and Fitness pages and follow on AllWhites Egg Whites on Pinterest as well as AllWhites Egg Whites on Facebook for more recipes, tips and tricks!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Quiet Time Activities For Preschoolers and Toddlers - May 29, 2020
- When bedtime routines end - May 13, 2020
- Hammers and ice blocks – summer activity for kids - May 9, 2020
- 100 ways to share kindness with your family - April 26, 2020
- The Absolute BEST (indoor) Fun Ideas for Kids - April 16, 2020