I am super excited for my first post here at Beauty Through Imperfection! Today I am going to share with you a super easy baking recipe that I personally think is yummy and love as a snack. So does my family – they ate most of them the same day I made them. To be quite honest I have no idea where this is a known recipe – I come from Norway so some of the dishes I make are local.
Ham and Cheese Horns are basically bread dough with cheese and ham inside then baked in the oven. I hope you will enjoy it! I found the recipe in my Mums cook book, tweaked it a little and here it is!
- 2 cups (400g) white flour
- 1 cup (200g) whole grain flour
- 1 and a half cups (4 dl) milk
- 2 tbs sunflower oil (or any other oil)
- 2 ts sugar
- 3 and a half Tbs (50g) yeast (I used 1 pk of dry yeast)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (392 F.)
- Add all the dry ingredients together
- Add oil
- Add milk
- Knead the dough
- Roll the dough out in an oval, make it as thin as possible.
- Use a dough cutter (or pizza cutter) to cut the dough into triangles
- Add some ham and cheese and roll it together. You can also use just cheese, pepperoni or anything you want. Put them on a baking sheet on a baking tray. NB! Remember to close the edges – see what happens if you don’t later.
- Steam the horns for it to rise for about 15-20 minutes. Do this my placing water in a cooking pan, add the baking tray and cover with a towel. NB! Do not use a tray like I did with too much spare – the baking paper gets too damp.
- Place it in the oven for 15-20 minutes. If you have multiple trays, use this time for the next batch to rise. This is what happens when you do not close them – looks like a battle field!
- This is what happens when your baking paper gets damp. The paper will stick to your horns and you will have to cut them off. Not a pretty sight.
If you like this maybe you will enjoy my Marble Cupcake Recipe.
Trine is 22 year old living in Norway. She’s also a blogger at Creative Pink Butterfly, where she shares DIY Projects such as crafting, sewing, cooking, organizing, decorating and more!