While most Halloween decorations are scary, we like to keep things happy and pretty around our house. I came up with the idea for happy pumpkins to grace our doorstep, and my son quickly became taken with them. I love that these are so much easier than carving a pumpkin, so it’s something our small children can enjoy with us! No sharp tools or messes required!
To make “happy pumpkins” all you need is (These are affiliate links so you can easily find what you need to order online!)
We used Elmer’s glue to attach eyes to the fronts of our little pumpins and then drew silly faces around them. From smirks, to smiles – kissy faces to mustaches and eyelashes – the possibilities stretch as far as you can draw them! I’m not the best artist with a pen, so we stayed simple but still have some adorable pumpkins for the front of our house!
I think we will definitely make this a halloween tradition at our house!
Do you decorate in the fall? Is this one your little ones would enjoy?
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- How to “be the village” to a newly diagnosed SPD family - April 22, 2019
- Peeps Playdough - April 11, 2019
- Toddler Acting Out After New Baby Comes Home - April 10, 2019
- Easiest Monthly Meal Plan - April 1, 2019
- 10 Labor Inducing Techniques That Don’t Work - March 29, 2019