While most Halloween decorations are scary, we like to keep things happy and pretty around our house. I came up with the idea for happy pumpkins to grace our doorstep, and my son quickly became taken with them. I love that these are so much easier than carving a pumpkin, so it’s something our small children can enjoy with us! No sharp tools or messes required!
To make “happy pumpkins” all you need is (These are affiliate links so you can easily find what you need to order online!)
We used Elmer’s glue to attach eyes to the fronts of our little pumpins and then drew silly faces around them. From smirks, to smiles – kissy faces to mustaches and eyelashes – the possibilities stretch as far as you can draw them! I’m not the best artist with a pen, so we stayed simple but still have some adorable pumpkins for the front of our house!
I think we will definitely make this a halloween tradition at our house!
Do you decorate in the fall? Is this one your little ones would enjoy?
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- The secret to getting your child to tell you about their day at school - August 15, 2019
- Treating Lice on Curly Hair - August 7, 2019
- 4 back to school photos to keep off social media - August 5, 2019
- Simple ways to simplify your life - July 30, 2019
- What to do when baby keeps biting while nursing (no flicking!) - July 24, 2019