This festive time of year calls for DESSERTS!!! I am in love with this recipe for holiday Rolo pretzel bark.
And not just because when people hear my last name they ask if we own the Rolo brand (hint: we don’t). Our last name is pronounced the same way as the candy, but we have an extra L and no candy-owning bragging rights *tears*.
Yields: 6-8 servings
12 oz bag dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening
12-15 mini pretzel twists or snaps – broken
18 Rolo candies – unwrapped
1/4 cup red and green M&M’s
18-20 Kraft caramels – unwrapped
1 tablespoon milk or cream
1. Line a small 15 x 11 cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and shortening in 30 second increments until completely melted and smooth.
3. Transfer the melted chocolate onto the lined cookie sheet, using a spatula to help spread it out evenly.
4. Place the broken pretzels randomly on top of the melted chocolate.
5. Place the unwrapped Rolos candies on top of the melted chocolate bark.
6. Sprinkle the M&M’s on top of the melted chocolate bark, paying attention to any empty spaces between the Rolos and pretzels.
7. In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave the caramels and the milk in 20 second increments until completely melted and smooth.
8. Drizzle the melted caramel all over the top of the chocolate bark.
9. Place in the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to completely harden.
10. Break your holiday bark into bite-size pieces and ENJOY!!
*Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Do you have your favorite holiday recipes all baked up, or are you just getting started?
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Weird Ways To Save Crazy Amounts Of Money - October 17, 2018
- Fun ways to announce your pregnancy on Thanksgiving - October 15, 2018
- Halloween Thumbprint “Eyeball” Cookies - October 13, 2018
- Woah! Living a 90s Flashback With My Daughter - October 10, 2018
- Spooky Spider Cookies - October 1, 2018