The season of guests visiting and friends dropping by is upon us. I love this time of year, seeing friends and family is always a wonderful thing, but sometimes it can be a struggle to get the house in shape before a guest comes to visit.
Here are a few ways we’ve found to keep your house smelling fresh all season long, even when you burn cookies and realize at the last minute that your kid forgot to flush the toilet last night. (Let’s just not talk about how often my 6 year old does this, okay?). I’m excited to be partnering with Febreze today to bring you these ideas!
- Let’s start with the day you pull all the Christmas decorations out of the closet. For us, we do this every year on Thanksgiving or Black Friday. It’s a jolly time of listening to Christmas music and decorating our whole house with a box of Christmas joy. Unfortunately that joyous box often comes with the lingering scent of mildew and last Christmas’ smells which aren’t quite as sweet after 12 months in an attic bin. You can dust off those stockings outside and then spray them with Febreze Fabric Refresher to eliminate the questionable smells and give them a subtle holiday scent.
- We all know things often don’t go as planned in the kitchen. My kids learned what the fire alarm sounded like early in life and that it was usually a result of mommy burning something in the kitchen. Be it burnt cookies, casseroles that are tasty but smell weird, or even the stack of dishes that you haven’t been able to get to yet because you’ve been busy doing other holiday chores, Febreze candles have you covered with their fresh and Christmasy smells! Light one a few minutes before your guests arrive and they’ll be impressed that your house not only looks great, but smells great too.
- If you are past the baby stage of life, you probably don’t have diaper bins to hold the yucky diapers that visiting babies and toddlers bring with them. The Febreze Candle is a great non-awkward way to deal with that type of stink as well. Simply light a candle, they’ll have no idea it’s because their kiddo doesn’t smell the best.
- I sincerely hope it’s not JUST my kid that can’t seem to remember to flush the toilet every time. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad both of my kids are potty trained, but this last bit of training has yet to take affect. There’s NOTHING like walking in the bathroom to make sure it has toilet paper and is presentable to guests and realizing it smells terrible because one of the kids forgot to flush. This is where Febreze NOTICEable really saves the day. Simply plug on in and the bathroom will alternate between two festive scents instead of whatever mess you’re scrambling to clean up before the guests arrive.
- Go over furniture and even a few sprays in the are with the Febreze Fabric Refresher and Febreze AirEffects. It’s a quick last minute thing to do right before your guests arrive, but you’ll be glad you did it when they walk in and your house smells like a festive and comfortable home instead of a modgepodge of various smells and odors.
- Lastly, we disvoered a way to make our fake Christmas trees smell more real, but using Febreze AirEffects pine scent on them. Spray a bit at the base of the tree, and at each connection point as you put the tree together. Doing it this way keeps the scent subtle enough that it is not overpowering and keeps it off of the ornaments and lights.
I have to admit this #12stinks video from Doug E. Fresh and Doug the Pug had me laughing! Watch the video here. It’s the second in a series and they take on the 12 days of Christmas from a new angle. Too funny!!!
How do you keep your house smelling great for the holidays? Let us know in the comments.
This review was made possible by iConnect and Febreze. I was provided compensation to facilitate this post, but all opinions stated are 100% mine.