I like keeping things bright, cheery and never political or controversial on this blog. I want you to leave my site feeling encouraged and loved, never judged or frustrated.
But I’m taking a pause from the cheeriness for a moment. My heart is heavy. It’s been heavy for quite some time, and since the release of the Trump video Friday night it’s become increasingly difficult for me to be online.
–Before we proceed I want to assure you that this is not a political post. I’m not writing this to try to get you to vote for one candidate or another. In fact, you still won’t know where I’m casting my vote when you’re finished reading.–
Watching videos like the one of Mr. Trump is painful for sexual assault victims. It takes time to process and work through. But the video hasn’t been the hardest thing about the internet this week.
The hardest thing, the thing that’s been weighing on me every moment, is seeing so many people defend his inexcusable actions and words. And I don’t just mean the comments from some random guy in who-knows-where, USA.
I mean my friends, too.
I mean everyone who brushes off these comments because they are in a hurry to get back to saying “don’t vote for XYZ” or “here are the reasons you should vote for Trump”.
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- What the man in the library taught me about parenting - February 22, 2019
- How to TRIPLE your blog’s pageviews & make more money in 6 months or less - February 20, 2019
- The horrible drawback to giving your child a lovey - February 19, 2019
- Best savings tips from other parents - February 18, 2019
- How we put an end to the “potty talk” in our house - February 15, 2019