Are you excited for Dr Seuss day coming up in March? It’s always fun to read our favorite books and have snacks to go with them! Check out this fun recipe for Lorax inspired rice krispie bars. There’s affiliate links in this post.
INGREDIENTS FOR RICE KRISPIES
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
Two 10 oz. bags of marshmallows
10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
DIRECTIONS FOR RICE KRISPIES
1. Spray a 9×13 pan with Pam and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the marshmallows to the melted butter, stirring constantly.
4. Once the marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and stir in the cereal and salt until well-coated.
5. Transfer the cereal mixture to the prepared pan and press down firmly and evenly.
6. Allow the Rice Krispies to cool in the pan completely before turning them into Lorax Rice Krispies
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR DECORATING
Prepared 9 x 13 pan of Rice Krispies (see recipe above)- cut into 6 large bars
Mustache candy mold
1 T solid shortening
2/3 cup yellow Wilton chocolate melts
2 T solid shortening
1 cup orange Wilton chocolate melts
24 yellow Runts candies
12 Large Wilton candy eyes
6 orange Dots candies
Optional: lollipop sticks
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
2. In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave 1 T shortening for 40 seconds or until melted.
3. Add the yellow chocolate melts and stir until completely melted.
4. Pour the melted yellow chocolate into the mustache molds and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
5. In a medium microwave bowl, microwave 2 T solid shortening until melted.
6. Add the orange chocolate melts and stir until completely melted.
7. Spread the melted orange chocolate on the top of each Rice Krispies bar. Lay each bar on wax paper lined baking sheet.
6. Before the orange chocolate “sets” on each Rice Krispies bar, add the candy eyes, Runts for eyebrows and Dots for the nose.
7. Lastly, lightly press a yellow chocolate mustache onto each bar and set aside for at least one hour to “set.”
8. Optional: insert a lollipop stick into each bar
For more Suess fun check out this tutorial for thing 1 and thing 2 inspired cupcakes!
Or try a full on Dr Seuss inspired party here!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- 50 Romantic Date Night Ideas - January 17, 2020
- Strawberry Dessert French Toast - January 14, 2020
- 5 Ways to Prepare your Toddler to be an Older Sibling - December 26, 2019
- Gingerbread Sugar Scrub - December 18, 2019
- How to prevent toddler tantrums at bedtime - December 3, 2019