Welcome to Christmas in July! If you can’t get enough of the jolly, December holiday, don’t worry, July has your back by providing an extra month to celebrate in!
Celebrating Christmas in July, gives a great opportunity to get started on any homemade gifts you plan to make this year. You know that you’ll be busy by the time November rolls around and this can help take some of the stress off of you so that you can focus on enjoying the holiday with your family!
Today, we have a fun Christmas craft or even stocking stuffer! Make your own star shaped glitter crayons for the kids to play with. This is part of a participation in a Christmas in July blog hop, so you can stop by the other sites to see more fun ideas for July!
July 1st: All Things Christmas – How to Celebrate Christmas in July (under the Radar)
July 10th: Beauty through Imperfection
To make Christmas Star Crayons You’ll need:
- 7 Green Crayons (can be different shades, or the same)
- 7 Red Crayons (can be different shades, or the same)
- Star Silicone Mold (or any shape will do)
- Silver Glitter (or red will work)
- Green Glitter (or gold will work)
Preheat oven at 275 degrees F.
Remove paper from each crayon.
Using a knife carefully cut each crayon into tiny pieces.
Shake silver glitter into 2 star-shaped molds.
Add green crayon pieces into those 2 star-shaped molds.
Cover the green crayon pieces with additional silver glitter.
Repeat steps 4 through 6 for green glitter and red crayons.
Heat in oven for 15 minutes.
Remove (make sure crayons have turned into liquid).
Let cool at room temperature overnight (or in freezer for 2 hours for faster results).
That’s it, you now have adorable star shaped Christmas crayons!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- 50 Romantic Date Night Ideas - January 17, 2020
- Strawberry Dessert French Toast - January 14, 2020
- 5 Ways to Prepare your Toddler to be an Older Sibling - December 26, 2019
- Gingerbread Sugar Scrub - December 18, 2019
- How to prevent toddler tantrums at bedtime - December 3, 2019