It’s always fun to look back over the year and see how much has changed. Both in life, and in the blogging world!!! January 1st was when I made the switch from blogger to wordpress and a site called “Hopeful Future” to what we know now as “Beauty Through Imperfection”. It’s been an amazing year of blogging and I am so excited to see what 2014 will bring!
In backwards order the TOP posts of the year from this blog are…
10. Free personalized coloring sheets – This post shares how to make coloring sheets for your kids out of your (digital) family photos! My kids think it’s so fun to color pictures of themselves and their friends. It’s easy and FREE (other than printer ink & paper cost). We loved this so much this year I made another post about making coloring books from the sheets and using them as gifts for birthday parties!!!
9. Beyond Movie Night – 10 At Home Date Night Ideas (That DON’T Include Watching TV) – It’s so easy to get in a “date night” rut, and just start exclusively watching TV and calling it quality time. While my hubby and I LOVE to watch our movies and shows, we try to make sure that we also have quality time together that doesn’t involve watching TV (as much as we LOVE Dr. Who). We only go out on dates about once a month, so we do end up doing date night at home more often than not! So I decided to make a list of our favorite ideas for date night at home!
8. Where To Find Free Baby Gear – Simple codes that NEVER expire for free baby gear! You still have to pay shipping & handling, but it’s great to be able to get the actual items for free!
7. How to Prepare Your Toddler To Be An Older Sibling – One of my favorites!!! These are a few ways that we helped Little Man prepare to be a big brother. He was only 21 months old when his sister was born, so we did several things, while I was still pregnant, to help him prepare for the changes that were to come.
6. 8 Reasons Childbirth Is Easier Than Pregnancy – Another one of my personal favorites. A humorous look at pregnancy and birth. Along with everything I wish some one would have told me when I was pregnant with my first baby!
5. How to Save More Money Without Changing Your Lifestyle – This post includes four out-of-the-box money saving tips to help you stretch your paycheck even farther!
4. 10 Money Saving Tips – This is the first money saving post I’ve ever made, and it’s still one of the most popular! These can save you a LOT of money every year!!!
3. Christmas letters – There were two posts that did really well on the topic of Christmas letters! I decided to share both of them here under one number, since they are similar in theme! How to write an amazing Christmas letter and Ideas for a Creative Christmas letter! I LOVE writing Christmas letters every year, and receiving them. You can read our letter this year here.
2. How Much Does A Blogger Earn (series) – This was a multiple part series where various bloggers anonymously shared intimate details about their earnings, page views, how much time they spend blogging each week and other secrets! It’s so helpful to read about how much other bloggers are making and how they are earning!!! Check out the posts where the bloggers share their secrets here and here.
1. 8 Ways To Help Your Toddler Adjust To The New Baby – This is by far the most popular post on my blog ever! It was also my first post to ever go viral on Pinterest. Helping a toddler transition from being the baby of the family, to becoming a big sibling is a challenge, so I shared all the tips that we learned along the way, all in one post!
It’s been a really fun year with y’all! I can’t wait to see what 2014 has in store for this blog!
Do you remember any of these posts? Which was your favorite (even if it wasn’t one on the list!). If you are a blogger, share a link to your most popular post!