As much as I do try to implement all the normal methods parents use to convince their kids to eat vegetables, the reality is I’ve had the most luck with plain old trickery.
My kids think vegetables are a great snack. In fact, they try to be sneaky and pull them out when I’m not paying attention.
I came into the dining room one day to find my 5 year old and my 3 year old sitting at the table together with this plate full of baby carrots. They had gone to the fridge while I was in the other room and helped themselves.
The beauty here was that they were absolutely convinced that they were being sneaky and pulling one over on me. So I decided to play along and I’m all:
“Who got out these carrots???? *big dramatic sigh* I guess you can have some this time…”
They still have no idea they are the ones being played.
Vegetables and sneakiness for the win!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- The secret to getting your child to tell you about their day at school - August 15, 2019
- Treating Lice on Curly Hair - August 7, 2019
- 4 back to school photos to keep off social media - August 5, 2019
- Simple ways to simplify your life - July 30, 2019
- What to do when baby keeps biting while nursing (no flicking!) - July 24, 2019