As much as I do try to implement all the normal methods parents use to convince their kids to eat vegetables, the reality is I’ve had the most luck with plain old trickery.
My kids think vegetables are a great snack. In fact, they try to be sneaky and pull them out when I’m not paying attention.
I came into the dining room one day to find my 5 year old and my 3 year old sitting at the table together with this plate full of baby carrots. They had gone to the fridge while I was in the other room and helped themselves.
The beauty here was that they were absolutely convinced that they were being sneaky and pulling one over on me. So I decided to play along and I’m all:
“Who got out these carrots???? *big dramatic sigh* I guess you can have some this time…”
They still have no idea they are the ones being played.
Vegetables and sneakiness for the win!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Words of hope, from moms who have already overcome postpartum depression - May 31, 2019
- Lorax Inspired Rice Krispie Bars - May 29, 2019
- What to Pack for a Trip to Disney - May 27, 2019
- Coffee and other weird things I’ve found that help me sleep better - May 25, 2019
- Why I Argue With My Kids - May 15, 2019