We LOVED watching Finding Dory and have enjoyed finding lots of fun Finding Dory themed foods to try! Hank was one of our favorite characters in the movie, so this Hankfurter & Seaweed Slaw is too cute and looks amazing too!
You can download the recipe PDF here, or just grab the recipe below.
Serving Size: 1 hot dog and 3/4 cup coleslaw and 1 cup nonfat milk
INGREDIENTS FOR HANKFURTER
- 4 turkey hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
INGREDIENTS FOR SEAWEED SLAW (COLESLAW)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (all/any colors)
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
To make the seaweed slaw, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss until evenly coated. Kids can do this part.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. (Coleslaw will keep for up to 3 days covered in the fridge).
Cook the hot dogs based on package directions.
To make Hank’s tentacles make seven lengthwise slices in each hotdog that go two-thirds of the way up the hotdog. Use yellow mustard to make Hank’s eyes and mouth.
When ready to eat, spread about 2/3 cup of the seaweed slaw onto each plate. Top with a Hankfurter; spread Hank’s tentacles out over the seaweed slaw so he sits up straight. Kids can help with this part too!
Enjoy with a glass of milk!
If you are looking for more Finding Dory snacks or Finding Dory party ideas by clicking the images below:
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- 50 Romantic Date Night Ideas - January 17, 2020
- Strawberry Dessert French Toast - January 14, 2020
- 5 Ways to Prepare your Toddler to be an Older Sibling - December 26, 2019
- Gingerbread Sugar Scrub - December 18, 2019
- How to prevent toddler tantrums at bedtime - December 3, 2019