As you may know, a couple of weeks ago I decided to buy my son a baby doll. You can read all about that decision here. (The short version is that I wanted to use it to prepare him for his new sibling to be born in July.)
When I brought the baby home he immediately LOVED her. Whenever he sees the doll his face lights up and he says “Baby!” in a really sweet voice and immediately hugs her, often pressing his little face to the doll’s. Then he will pat her on the back and say “baby awwwwww”. It is so adorable to watch him play with the doll.
We talk about being and nice with baby, and he seems to be catching on and really enjoying playing with her for a few minutes a day. He gets bored with it quickly and moves on to play with his cars or something he can hammer on, but it is nice to see him being calm and sweet with a doll for those few minutes a day. At night we both give her a hug and kiss goodnight before I tuck him into bed. He kissed the doll once, which was ADORABLE since he has never even kissed me or my hubby yet.
All in all the doll has been a success. He is enjoying playing with her, and likes sitting in my lap while he holds her. I think he enjoys the fact that I’m holding my baby while he is holding his.
This is really helping him understand what is happening with the pregnancy, and preparing him to be a big sibling! I am really glad we chose to buy him a doll to let him start practicing!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Fun things to do in Houston with kids - September 18, 2019
- Planning for Christmas in September - September 16, 2019
- Age appropriate books to talk to your children about consent, abuse and empowerment - September 13, 2019
- Sentimental gift idea for grandparents – Picture frame craft - September 8, 2019
- A mom’s life made easier – when it’s time for the Dr visit - August 26, 2019