It’s no secret that I don’t really love being pregnant. I have 6 more weeks to go, and I just feel DONE. Here are
10 11 reasons why! ;)
1. I’d like to be able to move again without my stomach and or legs cramping up.
2. I’d like to go to the bathroom less than 50 times a day
3. I’d like to be able to have a conversation without wincing because baby is kicking so hard or because I’m having a contraction.
4. I’d like for people to not freak out on me every time I start breathing hard through a contraction – and then when I try to comfort them “oh I’m fine, just a contraction” they freak out even more because they think contractions = labor… when in real life contractions = annoying things that happen multiple times a day for MONTHS of your pregnancy and then get really bad during labor.
5. I’d like for my brain to function normally again – I’m super forgetful when pregnant. My hubby will agree, I forget entire conversations and/or get annoyed with him because I think he didn’t tell me something that he did. oops! I think this must be what it would feel like to be possessed by voldemort (i’ve been reading harry potter lately. dont judge. lol) There are seriously huge chunks of my day that I can’t account for. No clue what I did. but thankfully my son and I are making it through each day safe, happy and fed, so I must be doing allright.
6. I’d like to be able to turn over in bed without waking up entirely, grunting, moaning and putting forth so much effort.
7. I’d like for my dreams to return to normal. – A few nights ago I had a really intense, really vivid dream. The plotline was taken from the Harry Potter books, the old tv show “24” and the “gone” series (dystopian YA novel, largely about children with freaky mutations…). That was a crazy one!
8. I’d like to be able to honestly answer “how are you feeling” with “good” – I get asked how I’m feeling about 75,000 times a day it feels like. I’ve decided to just respond with “pregnant”. Because honestly, I don’t feel good, but I don’t think a random stranger in the grocery store would like a list of what hurts and all the other fun symptoms of pregnancy.
9. I’m ready not to need to eat every 30 minutes – I’m not a big fan of eating. I know that sounds weird but I’m really not! I don’t like preparing food, and don’t particularly enjoy eating either. It’s getting annoying cooking something for myself and then needing a snack or another full meal 30 minutes to an hour later.
10. I’d like to wear my wedding ring again – This may seem like such a little thing, it’s just a $30 band of white gold, but I LOVE my wedding ring. I love looking down at it and smiling and thinking of my hubby. I love what it represents and that I can look at it and remember our promises to each other 100s of times a day. I play with my ring constantly when I wear it and my finger seems so naked and lonely without it!
Obviously the top reason…
I want to hold my baby girl – duh. I’m just ready for her to be here. Not too soon! I want her to be healthy, and we have a few more weeks to go before she’s considered term. But baby, as soon as you are healthy and strong you can come on out! mama is ready for you! <3