Pizza Casserole was an immediate favorite recipe, from the very first time I cooked it! That’s why I’m sharing this recipe with you today, as another installment in the Easy Family Favorites series!
This recipe for Pizza Casserole was an instant family favorite! The two year old loves it, and my husband and I do as well!
- 8 oz Rigatoni or Macaroni noodles (cook & drain)
- 1 lbs Sausage
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Jar Spagetti Sauce (26 oz)
- 8 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 6 oz Pepperoni slices
Brown the meat and garlic in a bit of oil, drain & put meat mixture in a large mixing bowl. Stir in Sauce, half the mozzarella and about 2 oz of pepperoni. Add the noodles to the bowl and mix until the sauce/cheese mixture evenly coats the noodles. Put mixture in greased 13×9 inch pan. Sprinkle the remaining cheeses on top. Add Pepperoni slices liberally atop the cheeses.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
One of the really fun things about this recipe is that you can customize it by adding your favorite pizza toppings! You could use olives, onion, mushrooms, green peppers etc. Just add your ‘extras’ in when cooking the meat and you will have your own custom pizza casserole!
This recipe also freezes well. Prepare all the way up to the point before you would put it in the oven. Then freeze it until you are ready to cook on a later date! I always use disposable pans to freeze. Definitely not glass!
While you make your menu plan for the week – check out these tips on how to save money on groceries!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- Why these moms love their post baby bodies - January 17, 2017
- Triple Chocolate Krispie Treats - January 16, 2017
- How to Organize a Small House - January 10, 2017
- the Newest Beauty & The Beast Trailer (Emma Watson singing “Belle”) - January 9, 2017
- Here are all the Disney movies coming out in 2017 - January 7, 2017