Christmas break is the perfect time to take a little trip with your family. There are some awesome travel ideas for trips you can take during holiday break. Spend Christmas in another city, or take a trip together as soon as the holiday break begins and be back in time for Christmas dinner.
Here are a few of our favorite travel locations, perfect for the holidays.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is awesome any time of year, but it’s totally on my bucket list to make it to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter during the holidays one year. They deck out Hogwarts with gorgeous projection lights and even add a few, festive items to the menu at the three broomsticks!
Universal Studios has a lot of other fun attractions during the holidays so after you finish up in the Wizarding World you can enjoy all the celebrations in the other areas of the park too!
Resources to help you plan your holiday trip to Universal, Orlando (and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter)
- Unforgettable selfie spots in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Where to eat in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal
- The best route through the park at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Orlando
Head to Daytona Beach to enjoy the warm weather, even in the middle of December. There are so many fun things to do in Daytona Beach. Soak up the sun and waves, go parasailing, enjoy the great food and nightlife and even explore a lighthouse. There is so much to do on Daytona beach, it’s the perfecct holiday trip. We took a kid-free trip and found the best way to explore Daytona Beach in 30 hours. This is an awesome option, if you have a grandparent willing to watch the kids for 2 days while you and your spouse, or a friend sneak away to Florida for a couple days. It will be worth every minute!
Resources to help you plan your holiday trip to Daytona Beach, Florida
- Dont miss these fun things in Daytona Beach
- Best things to do in Daytona
- Ride the slingshot in Daytona Beach
Living in Houston, I am a little biased about all the amazing things this city has to offer, but it is still an amazing vacation spot. Take some fun photos in front of all the amazing street murals the city has to offer, visit the Houston Space center, explore the 15 million gallon underground cistern and so much more!
Resources to help you plan your holiday trip to Houston, Texas
- 70+ fun things to do in Houston
- Fun Houston activities for under $20
- Visit the Houston zoo for the holiday zoo lights
Las Vegas, Nevada
While it’s normally thought of as an “adults only” location, I took my 6 year old this Summer, and found out it can be a fun travel destination for families as well. Catch a great show like Blue Man Group, and explore the rest of the city and surrounding areas with your family!
Resources to help you plan your holiday trip to Las Vegas, Nevada
- Why Blue Man Group is a must-see for families in Las Vegas
- “Behind the Blue” VIP Blue Man Group experience video
- Fun things to do in Las Vegas with kids
- Where to stay with kids in Las Vegas
If you are able to travel internationally for the holidays, Vienna, Austria is a great option for families. Visit the gorgeous Christmas markets, enjoy some hot wine in a mug and let the kids experience the holiday season on the other side of the world. This is a magical holiday experience you won’t soon forget!
Resources to help you plan your holiday trip to Vienna, Austria
- Fun things to do in Vienna with kids
- The oldest zoo in the world
- Tips for international travel with kids
As you plan your holiday trip, click the image below for ideas on how to make the packing process easier with your kids, you can even get two kids packed in one bag with ZERO bickering!!!
Are you planning a trip this holiday season? Where will your travels take you?
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- The Family Size Morning Routine That Doesn’t Require A Checklist - November 20, 2018
- Thanksgiving Activities and Printables for Kids - November 20, 2018
- Make Your Own Christmas Wrapping Paper! - November 14, 2018
- Moms – Here’s how to beat the winter blues this year - November 13, 2018
- Cranberry Crescent Rolls - November 13, 2018