One of my favorite things about gift giving, is coming up with sentimental gift ideas for grandparents! This picture frame craft project makes the perfect gift idea for grandma and grandpa! Works for Christmas, birthdays or even Grandparent’s Day!
This post has affiliate links
Grandparent Gift Idea
To make this sentimental gift, you’ll need just a few simple art materials.
Start with a picture frame that has a thick matte. I used an 8×10 frame with a matte that brings the photo part down to a 4×6. You can grab this one on amazon.
Give the kids crayons, or colored pencils and let them decorate the matte how they see fit! You can guide them with drawing prompts, or let them choose their own.
My kids loved drawing hearts and smiley faces. The six year old even wrote a sweet note to his great grandmother on it!
When they are done decorating, add your favorite photo of the kids, and put it all together. We were lucky we had just taken family photos on a local mural wall in downtown Houston. We had a fun shot of the kids with a colorful background that matched their drawings perfectly!
We had so much fun working on this project, I think the kids might ask to make more of them for other people that they love!
Do you have any fun sentimental gift ideas for grandparents?
See more of our best grandparent gift ideas here!
Latest posts by Paula (see all)
- How to Write a Letter to Santa & Get a Letter Back! - November 20, 2019
- 50+ Free (or almost free) Christmas Traditions - November 13, 2019
- Thanksgiving Pregnancy Announcement Ideas - November 1, 2019
- What do you do if it rains on Halloween? - October 29, 2019
- Can you REALLY get paid to keep your phone off in the car? - October 15, 2019